Are you looking for a new opportunity to build a career with a prestigious and growing business in your local area? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Structural Engineer to join our clients growing team within the Cambridge, Essex and London areas.
This is a varied role that would suit an experienced engineer, already chartered or working towards Chartered status. If you have experience within Structural Analysis and a good understanding of “first principles” of engineering mechanics, this could be a great opportunity for you.
If you are looking to change your day to day working environment within a supportive and professional team, this position as a Structural Engineer could be of interest to you.
As a Structural Engineer you will be:
- Responsible for Structural analysis with respect to recognised codes of practice: principally the Structural Eurocodes BS EN 1990 to 1999 but also others such as British Standards as appropriate. Preparation of general arrangement layouts and detail sketches, for drawing production by a technician; supervision and checking of documentation.
- Preparation of construction drawings, detail sketches, using CAD or manual methods. Carrying out site inspections and preparing professional reports, either independently or in conjunction with and supervising a technician. Compile and manage project documentation, including proposals, specification, timesheets and project records.
- Providing advice and assistance based on best practice in construction and engineering. As the Structural Engineer you will have:
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and engineering calculations and produce clear and comprehensive calculations, technical drawings, reports and illustrations to a reliable and sometimes demanding timescale.
- A methodical and thorough approach to collecting and recording information from site observations and documents, presenting data in a logical and clear format. Sound understanding of mathematics and structural analysis and design, with a high standard of written and spoken English.
- A professional and methodical attitude, with a desire to learn and act on initiative. Knowledge of engineering geology and geotechnical design is desirable. Experience in architectural 3D modelling (Revit or similar) is advantageous but not essential.
If you believe you have the right knowledge and experience to apply for this Structural Engineer then we’d love to hear from you! By applying for this Structural Engineer vacancy, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely.
Your CV details will be used and kept only to provide recruitment service. We will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing Exact Sourcing.
We very much look forward to hearing from you and will be reviewing all applications over the next 2 to 3 weeks. If you are selected, we will be in contact and if not, we will be keeping your details on file for any future vacancies. Please follow us on Twitter or ‘like’ us on Facebook to keep updated with any future opportunities. Exact Sourcing is an equal opportunities employment agency