Portfolio Manager – Molecular Biology
Have you got a degree or a PHD in Molecular Biology? Would you or do you already enjoy working in a commercial environment and like to use your expertise in a Life Science focused environment? If you have a passion for new life science technologies and have the ability to determine which of these will be of greatest future importance, this opportunity could be a great one for you to explore.
As the Portfolio Manager you will be setting long-term vision and strategy for the growth of your portfolio by using data analysis, market research and working with various key internal stakeholders to develop and implement these strategies for the various team members to deploy.
This organisation is growing and developing not because they are losing people but because they are a special business to work for that really care about delivering outstanding results for their suppliers and clients and for the right person, could be an exciting role to undertake!
As the Portfolio Manager you will:
- Identify opportunities (accounts, products, ranges, suppliers, tenders) from your existing portfolio using data analysis, market research and by working with key internal stakeholders (marketing, sales, customer service/finance
- Assess market competition compared to identified opportunities
- Understand, identify target markets and position key product/ranges/suppliers
- Complete and bid for identified tenders
- Set yearly sales forecasts and short and long-term objectives and strategies
- Support key internal stakeholders (marketing, sales, IT and customer service/finance) in the determination and implementation of tactics to meet your objectives and achieve your strategies
- Be responsible for Supplier management by managing these partnerships and encouraging engagement and support their marketing/sales strategies
- Collect and analyse customer feedback and communicate this to your suppliers
- Research and identifying new potential suppliers, connecting and negotiating terms
- Stakeholder support by supporting the sales team on the negotiation of high value opportunities, including securing supplier pricing
- Assist in the development of strong relationships between key target customers and the sales team
- Provide internal (sales/marketing) sales and technical training as required
As the Portfolio Manager you will have
– Either a Ph.D. or extensive experience and knowledge of relevant molecular biology techniques
– Extensive knowledge of the life science reagent market developed from a marketing/product management background
– A deep understanding of distribution channels and collaboration structures in this industry
– Be results orientated with the drive to set and meet agreed objectives
– The ability to translate analysis into actionable, practical strategies
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to combine science and business, then we would encourage you to apply for the role of Portfolio Manager. To be considered for the position we please get in touch or email us today. Please contact us on 01223 919 409 or email email@example.com.
By applying for this Portfolio Manager post, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV details will be used and kept only to provide recruitment services from us. We will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing Exact Sourcing.
We very much look forward to hearing from you and will be reviewing all applications over the next 2 to 3 weeks. If you are selected, we will be in contact and if not, we will be keeping your details on file for any future vacancies. Please follow us on Twitter (@ExactSourcing) or ‘like’ us on Facebook to keep updated with any future opportunities.
Exact Sourcing is an equal opportunities employment agency.