Pharmacology and Laboratory Director
Would you like the opportunity to work for an organisation that is at the heart of 2 exciting innovation cultures in vibrant communities across the world? Are you looking to join a Company that supports world-leading innovation by combining discovery, technology and ventures?
A unique opportunity has arisen for an In-Vitro Pharmacology and Site Head to launch research and customer operations from their global drug discovery company’s new site in Cambridge, UK. This energetic individual will report to their CSO, and will collaborate with their colleagues working internationally, to deliver client services in the arena of small molecule drug discovery. The Director will lead key in-vitro pharmacology research, by establishing facilities and integrated services across biochemical testing, biophysical assays, DMPK and cell pharmacology. Our client is looking for a leader to become their Laboratory & Pharmacology Director where you will manage customer relationships; train and develop your team, and help to establish a new high-reputation research incubator in the Cambridge Life Sciences hub.
As the Pharmacology & Laboratory Director you will:
• Conceive and implement standardised testing procedures for routine bio-assays:
enzyme biochemical activity; target enzyme & ligand binding; and cellular drug response
• Direct the expansion of in-vitro testing capabilities within their India research site and team
• Supervise protein enzymology and compound hit discovery screening activities
• Identify, pilot and deploy new technologies at both their sites in the UK and internationally
• Build-out early research operations: equipment purchasing; facilities deployment and integration; health & safety and overall compliance
• Integrate their UK site operations by cooperating with global teams in Supply Chain, Chemistry Tech, Safety and QA
• Create processes for client study management: project requisitioning, steering, and reporting
• Build and integrate site IT infrastructure with their global network
• Client management: routine communication, summary data reporting, and consultation
• Support business development: prepare customer quotes and technical showcases
• Mentor, train and develop a team of junior and mid-level colleagues
• Detail and present strategic and quarterly plans to the board
As the Pharmacology & Laboratory Director you will have:
• A PhD in bioscience, with biochemistry or enzymology strongly preferred
• A minimum 3 years’ experience as a direct contributor on drug discovery projects
• Ideally a working knowledge of Oncology, Inflammation or Neurosciences drug discovery
• Proven ability to design, build and execute assay cascades for drug discovery
• Successful prior contributor in pharmacology or integrated drug discovery project teams, with a focus on hit- and lead-discovery chemistry, early preclinical development and regulatory support
If you are ready to start fresh and use your skills to be part of a special venture as the Pharmacology & Laboratory Director please get in touch by calling 01223-919409 to speak to Carol or Rosa or email email@example.com.