Health and Safety Manager
Are you an experienced Health and Safety Manager looking for a new opportunity? If you have a background in GxP regulated environments, this role as Health and Safety Manager, could be of interest to you.
Our client is a professional, well established and highly regarded employer that promotes a positive and flexible approach to work to all their staff, so if that is something that appeals to you please feel free to reach out to the team with regards to this vacancy.
As the Health and Safety Manager, you will:
- Provide decisive leadership and practical safety advice to management and staff, relevant to both scientific laboratory and office environments
- Ensure the maintenance of an effective Health and Safety management system compliance, including:
Ensuring documented risk assessments are in place and up to date
Implementing an effective Health and Safety audit and observation programme
Developing the Health and Safety training programme and communication material
- Ensure incidents and accidents are reported, investigated and improvement actions are implemented
- Establish a more responsible local culture and positive attitude towards H&S, encouraging everyone to take responsibility for their own actions and to take action when needed
- Chair the Health and Safety Committee
- Effectively prioritise time to critical projects, work with ASMs, first aiders, emergency marshals, team leaders and other groups to ensure their Health and Safety roles are defined, optimised, practical and effective
- Work constructively with other teams including the Facilities team to ensure a safe working environment
- You will ensure compliance with National and International H&S regulatory and legal requirements
- Define the organisations policy, procedures and systems and ensure they are effectively implemented, monitored and maintained
- Provide leadership, advice and support, and develop the local H&S culture, where everyone takes responsibility for a safe workplace
As the Health and Safety Manager you will have:
- Knowledge/experience in the implementation of Health & Safety in scientific (laboratory) environments
- Experience in a GxP regulated or ISO accredited environment
- Background education in Chemistry, or one of the Natural Sciences
- Ability to train, lead and influence others
- NEBOSH Diploma in OHS
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
If you like the sound of this opportunity and have the experience as a Health and Safety Manager within this area and are looking for a new challenge then please do get in touch by sending us an email with your application. Please contact us on 01223 919 409 or email email@example.com.
By applying for this Health and Safety Manager vacancy, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV details will be used and kept only to provide recruitment services from us. We will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing Exact Sourcing.
We very much look forward to hearing from you and will be reviewing all applications over the next 2 to 3 weeks. If you are selected, we will be in contact and if not, we will be keeping your details on file for any future vacancies. Please follow us on Twitter (@ExactSourcing) or ‘like’ us on Facebook to keep updated with any future opportunities.
Exact Sourcing is an equal opportunities employment agency.