Business Development Executive
Due to expansion our client is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their senior Sales team to work closely with the UK team to identify opportunities to extend services for their existing customers and winning contracts with new ones. Based in modern collaborative spaces, you will be working with a dynamic team that service the Education, Funding and Research sectors both locally and or internationally.
As the Business Development Manager, you will be the commercial leader, mentor, motivator and most prominent contributor towards the overall sales success. If you have an innovative, self-starter and entrepreneurial approach and always thinking of new ways to collaborate and drive sales, then this opportunity could be for you!
As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Business plan for your territory whilst becoming the market expert
- Build a plan to create new partnerships, maximize commercial opportunity and customer satisfaction within your territory
- Build and maintain a territory-based pipeline
- Research, identify, and qualify net new business prospects (with support from a Sales Development team)
- Create appropriate lists of prospects and contacts for email/phone campaigns, newsletter distribution, conference attendance, etc. (with support from Marketing and Sales Development teams)
- With the support of subject matter specialists, demonstrate platforms and all associated portfolio offerings effectively to audiences, leading sales cycles from initial discovery & value identification to successful close
- Meeting or exceeding activity, pipeline, and revenue goals on a quarterly basis.
- Represent the organisation at conferences and other networking events
As the Business Development Manager, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of work experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions
- Experience with Sales CRM technology
- Experience with Solution Selling and Challenger (or similar) sales methodologies
- History of achievement: Proven and consistent record of exceeding revenue goals and closing complex, multi-year deals
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Willing and able to travel up to 40% of the time (including some potential travel to the US)
- Technical acumen, i.e. can speak elegantly on SaaS platforms, APIs, data security, etc
- Additional languages are a plus
- Thrives in an exciting, fast-paced, action-packed work environment – we’re an early stage, high growth company!
If you have experience of working in or delivering services to universities and/or research funders or have worked selling SaaS then this Business Development Manager role could be worth exploring and we would love to hear from you. Please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 01223 919 409.
We very much look forward to hearing from you and will be reviewing all applications over the next 2 to 3 weeks. If you’re selected, we’ll be in contact, and if not we’ll be keeping your details on file for any future vacancies. Please follow us on Twitter (@ExactSourcing) or ‘like’ us on Facebook to keep update
Exact Sourcing is an equal opportunities agency.