Our client, a growing Accountancy practice based in Newmarket, are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join their friendly team to support with the delivery of accurate financial information. This will very much be a hands-on and varied role.
As the Management Accountant you will:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly accounts including a P&L, Balance Sheet and Written Commentary detailing the periods trade against the budget.
- Complete the accounts using the bookkeeping records maintained by other members of the team including the review of the bookkeeping
- Do reconciliations including Bank, VAT, Cash, Wages, and Machine Games along with Accruals and Prepayments and the necessary journal entries.
- Work closely with our clients to produce the accounts and service the clients accordingly
- Review the accounts completed by other team members and correct where necessary
- Prepare the quarterly VAT returns, liaising with the client throughout and file electronically with HMRC
- Be able to maintain accuracy whilst ensuring that deadlines are met
As the Management Accountant you will have:
- Previous experience within an accounting practice
- Covered all aspects of accounts preparation to full accounts
- A good telephone manner
- A full UK driving licence
- AAT or equivalent (essential)
- ACA, ACCA (full or part qualified) or equivalent (advantageous but not essential)
- Strong IT skills and be completely conversant on Sage 50, Excel, Word (essential), Xero, QuickBooks (advantageous)
If you think this Management Accountant vacancy sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, then we’d love to hear from you! Your application can be made either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 01223 919 409.
We very much look forward to hearing from you and will be reviewing all applications over the next 2 to 3 weeks. If you are selected we will be in contact and if not, we will be keeping your details on file for any future vacancies.
Please follow us on Twitter (@ExactSourcing) or ‘like’ us on Facebook to keep updated with any future opportunities.
Exact Sourcing is an equal opportunities employment agency.